山伏

music sound communication audio

キウイ

Don’t shut up

I saw a great quote today:

90% of writing is realising 90% of your ideas are not worth writing about. But to find the 10% worth writing about, you need to work through the other 90% first.

Dickie Bush on Twitter

Writing and speaking are two entirely different skills, however they do have quite a bit of overlap. Writing you can edit and edit to say exactly what you want to say. Speaking you have no luck, you have to stick with what comes out of your mouth. Writing you can spend hours on end on, and speaking, well speaking is actually the same. Which is why I don’t believe in writer’s block, but if 90% of what you’re speaking is stuff to get to the good 10%, writing can be a way we can edit out the bullshit and focus on what’s really important.

Don’t shut up, just find a productive way to let the ideas out that doesn’t bother those around you.

Tim Bunting Kiwi Yamabushi

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi, I’m Tim Bunting AKA the Kiwi Yamabushi, a New Zealander who became a Yamabushi Ascetic in the Dewa Sanzan mountains of north Japan. I’m part of the Yamabushido team, and we host life-altering Yamabushi training on the Dewa Sanzan (website link). People come to us for the ultimate mindfulness experience, to reach the next level, or simply connect with nature and themselves.


I’m on a mission to summit all 100 Famous Mountains of Yamagata Prefecture to spread the splendour of this fabulous location, and in dedication to all those who lost their lives out in nature, including my father.


On my daily blog I post thoughts of a practicing Yamabushi that I hope people can use to better themselves and live as fulfilling a life as possible.


Sign up to the weekly Mountains of Wisdom newsletter, follow me on social (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Clubhouse, all @kiwiyamabushi), or send me an email via the link below to stay in touch.


Tim.

MOUNTAINS OF WISDOM

Subscribe to my weekly yamabushi newsletter

RECENT BLOG POSTS

black and red typewriter
Get to the point
man in white t shirt and black pants in a running position
Easy to set goals
young athletes preparing for running in training hall
Blaming the world, or showing it what you’re made of

YAMABUSHI BLOG POSTS

Tim Bunting Kiwi Yamabushi
Modern-day Dewa Sanzan Yamabushi
close up photo of lion s head
Primal fear
Tim Bunting Kiwi Yamabushi
Once you’re on the path, and there’s no control, what to do?

RANDOM POSTS

The Japanese and experiencing nature in the seasons
down angle photography of red clouds and blue sky
We can’t see tomorrow
Maybe it’s best not to build things that are recession-proof

CONTACT ME

Get In Touch

Sakata City, Yamagata, Japan 

timb008@gmail.com

All photos my own. Contact for more. 

Subscribe to the Mountains of Wisdom Mailer

* indicates required

Share this:

Like this:

Like Loading...
Scroll to Top
%d bloggers like this: